Today's event was an upgrade from 50Mbps to 100Mbps on our border gateway. That required a new router and programming at four points. The installer had to reprovision the new router through his home office. then get the router talking to his equipment. Then I had to get support to reprovision static IP addresses and finally get a technician to push those down to the border gateway router. Installer had the right address which is also the address of the police station. I informed the Communications officer of our location and we finally connected.
As you are painfully aware, LS.Net has not been the model of stability for several weeks. I thought things were under control when I returned to Fairfax after spending the first half of the month at the homestead in Grayson County. My daughter had bought tickets to the Eagles concert in Baltimore on Monday the 20th. The network went down while we on the way to the concert and I managed to get the TWR side working by "bouncing" power to the router serving fiber and wireless customers when I got back.
Mikrotik router that handles The Wired Road traffix stopped communicating. A power bounce restored service.
My thought was that a UPS would act before the TWR LP generator and make the switch more graceful. In retrospect, I think we are better off without the UPS. The APC PDU is now plugged directly into the mains and the UPS is headed for the trash.
UPS, which is supposed to prevent outages, tripped and caused a general power failure. Jaison fixed it. Time for a new one.
Four fiber cuts. Down from 19/Jun/2015:06:55:55 to 19/Jun/2015:18:25:41.
Performed updates but restart will wait for site visit.
Western Grayson is down again this morning. The lightning storm was a couple of days ago. TWR has been notified.
Wireless and fiber customers (including me) experienced an outage Monday night through Tuesday afternoon. That disabled my VOIP phone and my cellphone is unreliable at the farm.
After several updates to Firefox and Chrome, both became slow and streaming impossible. I normally blame this sort of thing on add-ons but in this case, I tried adding Adblock Edge (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/adblock-edge/) to Firefox. Instantly, Firefox started streaming again. I still had one nasty ad at the top of http://rt.com so I right clicked on the add and blocked ||googlesyndication.com^.